Fruity Cake with Yoghurt topping
Helping towards School Food Standards
Provide at least two different coloured vegetables and fruits each day. Buy fruit and vegetables that are in season.
Steam vegetables or boil them in a minimal amount of water.
Ensure fish provided is in line with Marine Stewardship
Council advice on buying responsibly sourced fish.
- 150 g Dried dates
- 250 ml Water
- 50 g Sultanas
- 50 g Egg
- 30 g Margerine
- 150 g Self raising flour
- 6 g Mixed spice
- 10 ml Semi skimmed milk
- 50 g Greek yoghurt
- 11 g Icing sugar
- 1 ml Vanilla extract
For the cake
Preheat your oven to 170°C. Line a 2lb, 23cm x 13cm loaf tin.
1. Place the water into a saucepan and add the dates. Bring to the boil and allow to soften for 2-3
minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool before and pureeing until smooth.
2. Cream the STORK and eggs together then add flour and all spice. Add the cooled date puree, milk and
sultanas then spoon into the lined loaf tin.
3. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
For the yoghurt frosting
1. In a bowl whisk the Greek yoghurt and icing sugar together until thick and creamy.
2. Mix in the vanilla extract and set aside.
1. Remove the date and sultana loaf from the tin when cool.
2. Drizzle the yoghurt frosting over the loaf and set slightly for around 10minutes.
3. Slice into 15 portions and serve.