Mushroom, Leek & Cheddar Filo Pie with Roast Potatoes & Broccoli
This winter warmer is a great bake that you can be rest assured kids will love. This Cheesy Vegetable Pie has a great mix of veg, textures and all the nutrition to help feedy hungry minds. Provide at least two different coloured vegetables and fruits each day. Buy fruit and vegetables that are in season. Steam vegetables or boil them in a minimal amount of water.
- 70 ml Vegetable Oil
- 300 g Onions
- 250 g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 70 g Reduced fat Cheddar Cheese
- 250 g Button Mushrooms
- 150 g Leeks
- 250 g Frozen Spinach
- 150 g KNORR Bechamel Sauce Mix 5L
- 300 g Filo Pastry
- 20 g PHASE 250g Block
- 500 g Broccoli
- 1 Kg Potatoes
- 1.15 L Water
For the Roast Potatoes
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
• Peel and chop the potatoes into pieces.
• Place in a pan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes
• Drain the potatoes and set aside.
• Put the oil on a tray and heat in the oven for a few minutes.
• Carefully place the potatoes onto the tray with the heated oil and mix through to coat evenly.
• Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are crispy and golden (turning occasionally).
For the Pie Filling
Bring the water to the boil and whisk in the KNORR Béchamel Sauce, cook for 2-3 minutes until
creamy. Stir in the cheese until melted, cover and set aside.
• Finely slice the onions, leeks and mushrooms.
• Heat the oil in a pan and add the sliced onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent.
• Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the sliced leeks and frozen spinach continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the prepared béchamel on top of the vegetables.
Place in an oven dish and allow to cool.
To Assemble & Cook
• Preheat an oven to 180ºC.
• Melt the PHASE in a pan or in the microwave.
• Unroll the filo pastry and brush the sheets all over one side with the melted butter.
Gently scrunch up the pastry and lay on the top of the pie filling, covering completely.
• Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the topping is golden and the core temperature
has been reached.
• Finely chop the parsley and use to garnish the pie.
For the Broccoli
• Bring a pan to the boil and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until tender.
• Remove from the pan. Set aside and keep warm.
Cut the pie into 10 portions.
• Serve the pie alongside the roasted potatoes and broccoli.
You can find all the necessary ingrediants on the JJ's Home page. We can suggest various different veg to choose from both our fresh and frozen range. Click here to get your basket started!